Sunday, January 16, 2011

Update of spinning platform

I moved the spinning platform on to a bike to see how fast it can go. So I connected up the Fan Motor to a Tent Peg and fed it through the hole of the platform to the other side. I had to do this because there was no way to reach the other side without doing it.
Items used.
Old Fan Motor
Metal Platform made in the previous post.
A tent peg
an old bike with a missing front wheel
Sticky Tape
Here based on calculations from the video are the results of full power. (50 watts)
RPM: 1800
Top speed: 3.4km/h with no weight (minus the metal wheel, minus energy loss, no gear box)
Energy rating: 17 watts per km with no weight.
This is quite interesting for me. I don’t know about you. Well the best thing I’m going to be able to power off this is probably a robot. The smaller wheels will reduce wheel weight and the light weight of the robot should allow it to reach a decent speed.
Here is a short video:


No comments: