Monday, January 17, 2011

Tow a wheelbarrow with next to nothing.

Well if you've seen my previous posts (Motorised bike and Spinning platform) you'll know that I can be very creative. And for no reason I decided try and tow a wheelbarrow with a bicycle with just random stuff lying around the house. This was the result.
 Image may have been edited.

What I used:
  • A bicycle
  • 3 wood things you put in the garden
  • A wheelbarrow
  • Some random green string like stuff.
How did it go?

It was a good plan and it did work but not very well. The wood was not secure properly and it came off, a lot. This made it very dangerous and I had to keep my speed low. I've never towed anything before and this was a good experience as I almost jackknifed it a few times.

I was going to use tent pegs as a pivot point but I couldn't get them to stay put. It would of worked if I had masking or duck tape to keep the things in place but I couldn't find any tape. If I can find the tape then I'll have another shot at this.

No comments: