Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Speedfan

I downloaded this program called speedfan which lets you monitor can control your computer fans. When I installed it and ran it for the first time I left my computer on idle and for some reason my CPU temp was 50 degrees Celsius. Now that is very high considering it's doing nothing.

Next I decided to see what the tempter gets up to when running a game. I started FSX and let it run for awhile. This is what happened.

0min CPU 51C Core 20C

4min. CPU 76C   Core 40C

10min CPU 80C Core 44C

It just kept it's temperate the same for the next hour. Now I thought that it would of over heated and crashed because the maximum temperate it can handle is 55 - 65C but it didn't. So I restarted my computer and left it to idle and this time the CPU temp seemed much more accurate. Please note that I didn't give it time to cool down (Warm Boot).

CPU 37C Core 24C.

Now that seems much more accurate for a computer on idle. SpeedFan probably didn't configure right on first use.

No comments: