Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spinning platform out of used parts

I made a spinning platform out of used parts. At the moment it is unstable and I need a proper base and a proper way to attach the platform. So far everything has been constructed with these parts.
An Old Fan
An Old Metal Door
A shoe Box
And a little stickytap
What I did was use the motor in the fan to spin a sheet of metal (Which is very poorly cut. Do not touch or you’ll bleed to death :) ). The controller which comes with the motor and I cut out the sheet of metal from a door. Total construction time was about 5 hours of which 4 hours 30 minutes was spent on the sheet of metal.
In the future I plan to use the blades as a small wind turbine to power a light or recharge a small battery. Also note this is the first time I’ve ever built something (Not out of plastic construction pieces). The total cost was nothing except for some cuts and aching arms as I cut the metal with gardening tools.
IMG_0205IMG_0207IMG_0206


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dangerous much? Spinning metal wheel of doom.